Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blog Award for Christine Rochet-Jacob


The blogs Bonjour Romance and The Romantic Query Letter and the Happily Ever After gave me this award for Kreativ Blogger. I feel very grateful that some of you put up with my constant flow of impressions as a French woman abroad!

For accepting this award, I need to:
- Copy and paste the award and post a link to the blog that nominated me.
- Tell seven things about myself.
- Nominate seven other bloggers and pass the award along.

So let me tell you seven ordinary things about moi TODAY - i.e things that reflect my mood of the moment (because I don't believe in generic labels):
1. Today's Sound of Music: Donna Summer's I feel Love

2. Latest though-provoking reads: I loved... Madeleine Vionnet by Pamela Golbin, & Les Déferlantes by Claudie Gallay (in French)
3. Art matters...Visually Important : As I'm writing now, I strangely think of Georges Seurat's The Circus. I owe a lot to this painting! A copy of it was hanging from the wall at my GP's office, when I was a child. It helped me bite the bullet more than once... My imagination would transport me on horseback with the ballerina acrobat, and my doctor could practise his art of the needle at leisure for the sake of my vaccination!
Georges Seurat. The Circus. 1890-91. Oil on canvas. Musée d'Orsay, Paris, France.

But I also think of Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Gustave Caillebotte, and Edgar Degas ( Ahhh, La Coiffure, because I've always loved having my hair combed)...
Combing the Hair ('La Coiffure') by Degas, about 1896 -National Gallery, London

or Felix Vallotton (I'm a big fan of his woodcuts, and their bold designs, influenced by Japanese wood-block prints), and finally Hiroshige.

Morning glory. Woodcut print, Kakyo Tokyo meisho,
by Utagawabe Hiroshige III (1842-1894). Tsunashima Kamekichi, 1881.
Courtesy of the LuEsther T. Mertz Library, The New York Botanical Garden
Photo: New York Botanical Garden

4. I love the city where I live... because that's where my love is. ;0)
5. Sportswise? Getting there...I like the rush of adrenaline and the healthy exhaustion one gets from physical effort. And yet I have to push myself to go to the gym twice a week, or so - my membership is a great reminder! I like Pilates & Yoga, Badminton, Squash and Tennis. But Aerobics is my new target! I want to exercise with the legendary 1980s sexy trio of the 20-minute work-out videos, which I just discovered on Youtube- remember I am a French woman frecentlly landed in North America!

I used to love riding my bike in town - in France with the V'Lov system in Lyon, and the V'Lib in Paris. But Toronto is way more dangerous! I stopped riding after falling over the handlebars... my wheel got stuck in the streetcar tracks, ouch! Oh, but nothing can stop me from walking the streets of the city. Occasionally, I also love hiking in Canadian reservation parks...Peekaboo, Caribou!
6. Mood of the day: Every day is a beautiful day! (*quote from the film Harvey). And also, for those who can understand a bit of French, watch the following video showing the casting of the young "gouailleur" (cheeky) Jean-Pierre Léaud for the 400 Blows by François Truffaut. It will make your day!

7. Scents of a French woman : Among my favourite palette of scents, are...Nature before and after the rain/ Freshly cut grass/Anything cooking in butter on the stove /The subtle notes of a fragrant Bordeaux-Graves/ The head-spinning fragrances of lilac in Eastertime... Not to forget Coco by Chanel, my perfume, and Vétiver by Guerlain, my husband's fragrance.

To learn more, go to Mon Cher Coco, my other blog!

Here are 7 other blogs that I love visiting:
Food Box
A Foodie Froggy in Paris (bilingual)
Lovely Morning
2 or 3 Things I know
Style Files
An Affordable Wardrobe
Please Sir

6 comments:

LILIBOX said...

très heureuse que tu cites mon blog mais aussi celui de Foodie Froggy qui est une amie dans la vraie vie et avec qui je teste souvent de bonnes adresses gourmandes.

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

Oh Christine.
What a brilliant list. Perfume it's so link to memory for me especially Chanel. My grandmother wear's Coco, my mom is partial to No.5 and I usually wear Gardenia in the summers and No.19 the rest of the time. Seurat's "The Circus" and that Terry Gilliam film
"Adventures of Baron Munchausen" plays as one in my head if that makes any sense to you.
My Warmest Regards,
Simone

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Christine!
THank you so much for stopping by my blog and congratulations on your award from Simone. After reading your posts, you deserve it!
It sounds like we have alot in common, only I moved to Europe and you headed for Canada - and we both love where we live because our love is there!
Enjoyed all your interesting facts you listed and I'll chakc out all the blogs you listed. I'll be following along and will be back soon!

Foodie Froggy said...

Merci de votre citation. Je vais tacher de remplir mon devoir de "nominée", mais peut-être pas dans l'immédiat. Ne m'en veuillez pas !! Et moi aussi, ravie d'être citée avec ma copine "Foodbox".
A très bientôt,
Anne

Giovanna said...

Christine, love your blog! Congratulations on the award! By the way, I love Les 400 Coups. Giovanna

Christine Rochet-Jacob. said...

Hi Simone, Foodie Froggy and Giovanna,

Thank you so much for your visit and kind words. I went to your respective blogs and loved the experience! Thanks again for having found me on blogspot, and hope to hear from you very soon.
Vive les 400 coups!

Amitiés,
Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...