As we are just realizing what happened, we are getting house-ready. So now has officially started our quest for wallpaper inspiration, fixtures, door knobs and other good-to-start-with and affordable decorative adornments.
Here is a sample of what we stumbled upon:
* Last weekend, at the grand re-opening of the Spadina Museum, Historic House and Gardens
|All photos by Christine Rochet-Jacob|
* This weekend was dedicated to wallpaper ideas for the living room and/or the dining room...We therefore meticulously browsed through the internet and through our pile of World of Interiors magazines...Here are a few patterns that caught our attention.
Marlborough- Paris Grey, by Little Greene
Maharani collection, May 2009. By Henry Wilson for Osborne & Little
Rose Chinoise, by Colefax and Fowler
* We also got inspired along the way of our weekend trip that took us to a few shops on the Designers' Walk of Toronto. For your viewing pleasure, check: Cole & Son; Brunschwig & Fils
Dagobert Peche, Antinous Wallpaper; Designed 1922, produced by Brunschwig and Fils. Neue Galerie exclusive.
* Not to forget the reference arts and crafts master, William Morris & co.
* And then we entered the world of contemporary wallpaper designers like Georgia Horton, Timorous Beasties, and Neisha Crosland. Dazzling!
Oriental Orchid, by Timorous Beasties
McGegan Rose by Timorous Beasties
Designs by Neisha Crosland :
Et voilà! À suivre...
Step by step, we will build our nest!